- Certified Life Safety Systems can inspect, document and certify that your building is properly firestopped to the standards required by the AHJ’s.
- If you have a building that you are currently remodeling, adding on or if you are building a new building, you and your guests need to be protected.
- As the building owner, you are already paying for the firestopping to be done properly. With a complete, documented survey that can be presented to the AHJ’s, you can prove the work was done correctly.
- Our job is to oversee critical life safety work that could easily get overlooked, but is extremely important to assure a safe building.
- We will be your eyes and ears, behind the scenes, making sure that this important work is properly done, before the contractor has left the building.
- We will give to you, the owner, a complete accounting of all the firestops, design systems, photos, fire dampers, and fire damper matrix, so that your documentation is in place and up to date.
- Having the complete firestopping documentation will make the commissioning process a little smoother.
- Most times, we work directly for you, the owner and sometimes for the general contractor, when that contractor is quality minded.
- We have no affiliations with the product manufacturer, installation company, or supplier.
IBC, Section 1705.16 Fire-Resistive Penetrations and Joints. In high-rise buildings or in buildings assigned to Risk Category III (nursing homes and hospitals) or Risk Category IV in accordance with Section 1604.5, special inspections for through-penetrations, membrane penetration firestops, fire-resistant joint systems, and perimeter fire barrier systems that are tested and listed in accordance with Sections 722.214.171.124, 7126.96.36.199, 715.3 and 715.4 (See “Types of Firestopping”) shall be in accordance with Section 1705.16.1 and 1705.16.2. (See explanation below)
IBC, Section 1705.16.1 Penetration Firestops. Inspections of penetration firestop systems that are tested and listed in accordance with Sections 7188.8.131.52 and 7184.108.40.206 shall be conducted by an approved inspection agency in accordance with ASTM E2174.
IBC, Section 1705.16.2 Fire-Resistive Joint Systems. Inspection of fire-resistant joint systems that are tested and listed in accordance with Sections 715.3 and 715.4 shall be conducted by an approved inspection agency in accordance with ASTM E2393.